Planning your family portrait with this guide
Many worry, but you don’t need to. We are here to help. When planning your family portrait use the guide below and you can’t go wrong.
- Keep it fun! Remember that children will quickly pick up on stress! Bring along their favourite toy to keep them occupied. Don’t worry about getting them to smile etc that’s our job.
- If you play an instrument, bring it with you. Saxophones, tennis racquet, guitar, DJ Headphones, Anything that helps show what you are all about!
- Allow your individual personalities shine through.
- Bring a comb, brush and damp washcloth to tame fly-away strands of hair and make-up for the ladies (or men if you wish!)
- You can even bring your pets. After all, they are an important part of the family
- Avoid a last-minute rush by preparing your clothing early
- Whilst family portraits are very special, don’t forget about you and your spouse.
- For toddlers, bring a dry snack, something that will not soil their clothes.
- Let the photographer interact with your kids to make them more comfortable. Give her an idea of their likes and dislikes to help set them at ease.
Here at Blink of an Eye Studios
Your portrait session will begin with us getting to know everyone. This includes your interests and your unique personalities for a truly personal session. Our style of photography is both casual and natural. We feel the best images are taken when your family is less aware of the camera.
In this way, we capture more natural moments between you instead of formal, stiff images.
Because kids are kids, we may ask for parents to step outside and out of view. Ensuring the best, most natural images. Since children have a tendency to react differently when parents are in the room.
We encourage snacks for children, but do try to avoid any spills, stains on clothing, and dirty cheeks!